Monday, April 26, 2010

Summer Lovin' Complete!



A few minute ago I finished and photographed my "Summer Lovin'" socks! I'm very pleased with the way they turned out. The fit is really good; they're very comfortable!

For the first time, I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off, and it's wonderful! I found a video on You Tube of a demonstration of this bind-off by Cat Bordhi. If, like me, you're a more visual learner, click here to see the video.

Several "firsts" are accomplished by the completion of this pair of socks:
  1. First time I've knitted the "Summer Lovin'" pattern.
  2. First time I've used Sockotta yarn.
  3. First time I've used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off.
  4. First pair of socks I've completed after starting the 10kH project.

And on that happy note, I'm headed for bed. *LOL*

2 comments:

  1. You and I must be connected.... I just cast off and posted my first pair of socks of the 10k project too. I'm gonna try that cast off on my next pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot of firsts there! I bet you slept well. . .they look great!

    ReplyDelete